Cats have been domesticated for a very long time but there are still interesting facts about them that many people are unaware of.
- At night, cats see about 6 times better than humans do.
- Tiny barbs on the surface of a cat’s tongue scoops the liquid up backwards
- The domestication of cats go back to 3000 BC were ancient Egyptians used them to control pests and vermin
- Healthy adult cats spend about 65% of their day sleeping; they are in light sleep at least half of the time
- Six-toed kittens are considered an established mutation by experts. They occur in large numbers in Boston and surrounding areas.
- Being meat-eaters, a cat’s jaw is only able to move back to front, and not side to side.
- Early spaying and neutering is important if you don’t want your female kitten to become pregnant. They can go into heat and become pregnant as young as 4 months old (…)
Source: Little Known Facts About Cats